so long, summer. [pineapple, coconut & cashew rice]
Happy Monday, everyone! This pineapple rice is delicious, refreshing, and the perfect dish to say farewell to summer. I’m ready for ya, fall!
pineapple, coconut & cashew rice
- 1½ cups uncooked long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Lime juice, for garnish
- Salted cashews, for garnish (toasted, if desired)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Drain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple in a measuring cup. Add coconut milk to equal 3 cups liquid, adding water if necessary.
- Add liquid to a large pan and bring to a simmer; stir in all remaining ingredients except garnishes (lime juice, cashews and cilantro).
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes and adding water if necessary.
- When rice is tender, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
- When ready to serve, stir in lime juice, cilantro and cashews. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings