sinfully delicious. [buffalo-ranch shredded chicken panini]
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m hooked on anything and everything with buffalo sauce–especially this buffalo chicken sandwich. It’s sinfully delicious and perfect for game day! The chicken is equally awesome served as a dip. :-)
buffalo-ranch shredded chicken panini
- Panini recipe:
- 3 chicken breasts, poached then shredded
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
- 1¼ cup ranch dressing (recipe below)
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more to top panini
- Trader Joe's Tuscan Pane bread
- Butter, to spread on bread
- Celery, for garnish
- Ranch dressing recipe:
- 2 packages Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- For the buffalo chicken: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add chicken breasts and cook until done, about 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat then add shredded chicken and hot sauce; mix. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Gradually add the cheddar cheese, stirring to incorporate. Remove from heat.
- Warm a panini press.
- For the sandwiches: Place two slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread butter on both slices of bread. Flip slices over then pile buffalo chicken on the bottom half of bread. Sprinkle a generous portion of shredded cheddar cheese on top of chicken. Close the sandwich with the other piece of bread.
- Place sandwich in panini press and cook until warm and grill marks appear. Remove from panini press and slice sandwich in half. Enjoy.
- *The buffalo chicken can also be served as a dip and enjoyed with tortilla chips or celery.