simplicity. [linguine carbonara w. pancetta]
Somehow, I’d never made carbonara until this post. I’m not sure why, considering how much I love pasta! This recipe is super simple and full of flavor–the crispy pancetta is my favorite. :-)
linguine carbonara w. pancetta
- 8 oz. linguine
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- ¾ cup shaved Parmesan, finely chopped, plus more (not chopped) for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add linguine. Cook according to package instructions; until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add pancetta and cook until crispy. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, then add linguine and egg mixture; quickly and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish pasta with fresh parsley and Parmesan. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.