hoooked. [chicken pad thai]
Ever since my co-worker introduced me to chicken pad thai a few years ago, I’ve been hooked. There’s a restaurant across the street from our office that has some of the best pad thai I’ve ever tasted. I’d never made the dish before, so I decided to give it a shot. This recipe came pretty close to our local spot, and it was delicious!
chicken pad thai
- Pad thai recipe:
- 8 oz. flat rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sautéed then cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- Salted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Sauce recipe:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat olive oil in medium skillet, then add chicken; cook until done, about 6-8 minutes. Cut chicken into small pieces, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat; crack eggs in pan and allow to fry for about 1 minute, then break up egg with a spoon. Add the onions and carrots to the pan and sauté 2-3 minutes. Next, add the chicken and sauce. Add noodles and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce. Stir in green onions, cilantro and bean sprouts. Garnish with peanuts and lime wedges.
Recipe adapted from Creme De La Crumb.
One thought on “hoooked. [chicken pad thai]”
One of my very favorite Thai dishes.
Comments are closed.