it’s all about balance. [tater tot breakfast casserole]
Gluten-free, vegetarian, low cal, vegan…this dish is none of those things. Whoops! But I swear to you it’s ridiculously delicious. The casserole is hearty (as you can see), so a small piece will satisfy your hunger. Whip this up for your friends and family over the weekend and maybe serve it with a fruit platter or something. It’s all about balance, right? :-)
tater tot breakfast casserole
- 2 lbs. bacon
- 1 (30-32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Sour cream, for garnish, if desired
- Chives, chopped for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet or on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly 20 minutes, cook the bacon. Once cooked, chop the bacon into pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the tater tots, cooked bacon and cheese. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13" pan.
- Next, whisk together the eggs, ranch mix and milk. Pour over the tater tot mixture.
- Bake casserole for 50 - 60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Serve hot and garnish with sour cream and chives, if desired.
Recipe from PlanChicken.com