welcome back. [seven-layer dip]
Football season is back and I couldn’t be happier. My Saturdays, and most likely Sundays, will now consist of football, chicken wings and beer. :-) This delicious seven layer dip is also a favorite on game day!
- 2 cans refried beans, or fresh
- 4 avocados, mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 package Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Spread the bean dip into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- Blend together the mashed avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread avocado mixture on top of bean dip.
- Next, mix together taco seasoning and sour cream, and spread on top of avocado.
- Layer shredded iceberg lettuce on top, followed by shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.