can’t go wrong. [jalapeno-cilantro spaghetti w. lime chicken]
This pasta dish is a new favorite. Jalapeno, lime and cilantro…you can’t go wrong! The flavor was incredible, and similar to that of CPK’s chicken tequila fettuccine–but better, of course, considering it’s homemade!
jalapeno-cilantro spaghetti w. lime chicken
- ½ package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, both sides seasoned with salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and deveined
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Roux: 2 tbsp. flour whisked together with 3-4 tbsp. water
- ¼ - ½ cup chicken broth
- Juice of 2-3 limes, or to taste
- ⅔ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain spaghetti, then return to pot.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, then add 1-2 tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken and cook until done, about 5-6 minutes per side. Halfway through cooking, add juice of 1 lime to pan. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into cubes.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add diced onion, garlic and jalapeno; saute until translucent and aromatic, about 6-8 minutes. Add milk and roux to the vegetables and mix. Continue cooking for a few minutes, then add chicken broth and lime juice, to taste. Let sauce thicken, then add cilantro, Parmesan and diced chicken; season with salt and pepper. Season with red pepper flakes, if desired. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges; serve hot.