Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with friends, family and lots of food (like these delicious shredded beef tacos). Pop open a cold beer with the tacos and you’ve got yourself the perfect meal–well, at least in my eyes!
tender shredded beef tacos topped w. homemade guacamole
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2.5-3 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 qts. (64 oz.) beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 5-6 celery stalks, each piece cut into thirds
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeño, seeded, deveined and diced
- Juice of 3-4 limes, until you reach desired flavor
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Roma tomatoes, diced, for garnish
- Guacamole, for garnish (add Cotija cheese, if desired)
- Heat a large pot over medium-heat heat, then add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add chuck roast and sear meat on both sides; about 30 seconds per side. Pour beef broth into pot (broth should completely cover meat). Add quartered onion and celery to the pot and wedge the vegetables between the meat and sides of the pan. Cook meat 3 to 3½ hours, until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- While meat is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and jalapeno and cook until soft, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When meat is done cooking, remove from the broth and transfer to a cutting board; shred meat. Return the skillet with onion and jalapeno to the burner, and place over medium heat. Add meat and mix; season with lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper.