look who’s back. [grilled avocado stuffed w. grilled corn salad]
Hello everyone! It’s been a minute since I last posted – I was busy planning a wedding and tying the knot! Although I was still cooking during my time away, I was never able to find the time to stage and photograph all of the food I was making! I’m hoping to be back on track now and blogging once every week or every other week. :-)
grilled avocado stuffed w. grilled corn salad
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 2 avocados, sliced in half then pitted
- 2 tsp. lime zest, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups mini sweet bell peppers, sliced
- ½ cup jalapeño, sliced, seeded & deveined
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Coat 6 ears of corn with nonstick spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill corn, covered, until charred on all sides, approximately 10-15 minutes. Transfer corn to a cutting board. Once cooled, cut kernels off the cobs.
- Next, grill all four avocado halves face down until charred. Remove from grill and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey and cumin. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a separate large bowl, toss corn with mini bell peppers, jalapeño, Cotjia, cilantro and half or three quarters of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Add additional vinaigrette if needed.
- Once ready to serve, spoon grilled corn into holes of the grilled avocado halves. If you do not want to use avocado, serve the corn alone as a side dish (it's just as delicious!).
Recipe adapted from Cuisine at Home.