I love all things sun-dried tomato and this pasta is at the top of my list, right next to this recipe for chicken in sun-dried tomato and white wine cream sauce. Whip this pasta up on a week night and you’ve got yourself a delicious, gourmet meal!
sun-dried tomato & basil fettuccine w. pancetta
- 1 lb. egg fettuccine
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (7 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes, plus oil
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup packed basil, chiffonade, plus more for garnish
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (5 oz.) package pancetta
- Warm a medium skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes and oil from jar and cook another minute. Add tomato paste and stir constantly to incorporate with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Next, add the heavy whipping cream and diced tomatoes; mix together.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add fettuccine. Cook until al dente, about 3-5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then strain pasta.
- Bring sun-dried tomato sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook approximately 5-10 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, gradually add reserved pasta water and mix.
- Warm a small skillet over medium heat, then add pancetta. Cook pancetta until crispy and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer cooked pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate. Next, add the pancetta and basil to the sauce.
- Add fettuccine to the sauce and mix, making sure to coat all of the fettuccine noodles. Serve hot.