Hi everyone! I’m sorry I’ve been MIA–I was on vacation in Chicago last weekend, and got yet another gum surgery this week (let’s hope third time’s a charm!) I haven’t been in the kitchen much after the procedure, but was able to whip up these simple, savory mashed sweet potatoes, and they were delicious! These would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving dinner spread. :-)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled then sliced
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 2-3 slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder, if desired
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add sweet potato slices. Cook until tender, 20-25 minutes. Strain potatoes.
- Place potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer, then mix on medium for 30 seconds using the whisk or paddle attachment. Add butter, one slice at a time, while mixing potatoes on medium speed. Add garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Add a dash or two of chili powder, if desired. Garnish with fresh parsley.