back in the kitchen. [moist banana bread]
Not being able to cook for the last couple of weeks has been torture! Now that I’m finally able to eat solid foods (well, soft foods), I decided to bake some banana bread with my over-ripe bananas. This banana bread recipe was delicious, but I have to admit that I prefer this recipe!
moist banana bread
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, plus another dash or two
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix melted butter into the mashed bananas. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla, then add the spices. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last; mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4 x 8-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove loaf from pan and slice to serve.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.