keep it spicy. [buffalo chicken tacos w. goat cheese, avocado & ranch dressing]
Since late last year, buffalo sauce and I have become very close. I find myself wanting to put Frank’s hot sauce on anything and everything. I was craving a buffalo dish the other day and stumbled across this taco recipe. With a few alterations, the tacos turned out unbelievably delicious. The hot sauce provided the perfect amount of spice, and the onion and cilantro relish provided a nice crunch. Thank God the recipe made leftovers so I can eat this the rest of the week!
buffalo chicken tacos w. goat cheese, avocado & ranch dressing
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅓ cup Frank's Red Hot Original sauce, plus more to taste
- Corn tortillas
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced, mixed with freshly chopped cilantro
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 avocado, diced, for garnish
- Crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
- Trader Joe's Low-Fat Parmesan Ranch dressing, for garnish
- Frank's Red Hot Original sauce, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, corn starch, cayenne and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Add olive oil to skillet; once hot, place chicken in the pan and cook until done, about 6 to 8 minutes. When chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer chicken to a bowl and mix with Frank's Red Hot sauce.
- Warm corn tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet. To assemble the tacos, place the chicken down first, then top with onion and cilantro relish, green onions, avocado and goat cheese. Drizzle ranch dressing and hot sauce on top of tacos. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe adapted from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate.