If you’re still searching for something sweet to give your loved one on Valentine’s Day, I’ve got just the treat for you. These Snickers blondies are sure to win him or her over–especially when vanilla bean ice cream is added to the picture!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 bag mini Snickers, chopped into small pieces
- Vanilla bean ice cream, for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8"x8" (or 9") square baking dish with parchment paper, then spray the bottom and sides of the parchment paper with butter or olive oil spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat and let it brown. Cook about 5 minutes, until the butter is lightly browned and has a nutty smell. Remove from the heat and let butter cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the brown sugar and sugar and mix. Next, add the eggs, one at a time, lightly mixing after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir to evenly combine.
- Mix in half of the Snickers pieces, then pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining Snickers pieces.
- Bake 40-45 minutes for an 8"x8" pan (25-30 minutes for a 9" pan), until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the blondies cool slightly, then lift the parchment from the pan. Cut the bars into pieces. Top warm blondies with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, if desired.
Recipe from Sugar Dish Me.