This salad is incredibly delicious, fresh and filling! The homemade buttermilk ranch dressing pairs perfectly with the BBQ-coated chicken, charred corn and salty bacon. It’s a perfect meal for these sweltering summer days!
bbq chicken cobb salad
- Cobb salad recipe:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. BBQ sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Buttermilk ranch recipe:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the buttermilk ranch dressing: Whisk together buttermilk, Greek yogurt, sour cream, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken and BBQ sauce, and gently toss to combine; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add two ears of corn and cook about 10 minutes. Remove from water and place on a pre-heated and greased indoor grill pan. Grill until all sides of corn are charred, about 5-8 minutes. Remove corn from grill; once cool enough to handle, cut corn off the cob.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad: Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of bacon, BBQ chicken, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, corn and beans.
- Serve immediately with buttermilk ranch dressing.
Recipe from Damn Delicious.