I’m a sucker for juicy cheeseburgers and cheese-smothered enchiladas (separately, of course), but I’ve been trying to eat a bit healthier lately. This herb and citrus chicken was incredibly delicious and guilt-free!
herb & citrus oven roasted chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 whole lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 whole oranges, one juiced and one sliced
- 1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Place chicken in the dish and coat both sides; marinate 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under the chicken. Sprinkle all over generously with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Remove from oven and serve chicken on a large platter. Garnish with additional herbs.
Recipe from Comfort of Cooking.