over the top. [jalapeño burger w. spicy ranch sauce, worcestershire glaze, caramelized onions & avocado]
This burger is ridiculous. I mean, look at that thing! The worcestershire-glazed burger patty pairs perfectly with the cool, spicy ranch sauce. If you’re a burger lover like me, I highly suggest making this. I have to warn you though–this burger is messy (in the best way possible)!
jalapeño burger w. spicy ranch sauce, worcestershire glaze, caramelized onions & avocado
- Burger recipe (makes 4 patties):
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Spicy ranch sauce recipe:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chile
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Worcestershire glaze recipe:
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. golden brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Caramelized onions
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices
- For the spicy ranch sauce: Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- For the burgers: Gently mix all ingredients in large bowl. Form mixture into four ½- to ¾-inch-thick patties. Place on small baking sheet. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- For glaze: Stir first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter. Season glaze to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill rack or indoor grill with nonstick spray. Toast buns until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer buns, cut side up, to plates.
- Grill burgers 5 minutes, basting with glaze. Turn burgers, baste with glaze, and grill until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes longer for medium. Remove burgers from grill.
- Place patties on bottom side of the bun, then top with caramelized onions, tomato, lettuce and avocado. Drizzle spicy ranch sauce on top then place top patty on the burger.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.