back in action. [avocado, chickpea & quinoa salad w. lemon-mustard vinaigrette]
I was in Miami for work most of last week/weekend, so I wasn’t able to post until now. Although the trip was extremely busy, we were able to relax a bit on Friday night and watch both of our clients perform at Ultra Music Festival–it was pretty incredible!
My roommate, Megan, and I decided that we’d be content eating this quinoa salad for every meal, for the rest of our lives. Okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s that delicious. Super easy to make, too!
avocado, chickpea & quinoa salad w. lemon-mustard vinaigrette
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained, cooked in 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups spinach, finely diced
- 1 cup cilantro, finely diced
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (30 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 3 cups water, 2 cups quinoa and 2 chicken bullion cubes to a large pot. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until water absorbs, about 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chopped spinach, cilantro, onion and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes. Once quinoa has cooled, add to the bowl and mix.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, honey and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and mix until well combined. Serve at room temperature, or cold, and top with avocado.
Recipe adapted from The Kind Life.