This dish just screams summer, am I right? Juicy watermelon, fresh basil, creamy burrata – all the good stuff. The panzanella is delicious on its own, but would be great as a side dish alongside grilled chicken, steak or fish.
watermelon panzanella salad
- Panzanella salad recipe:
- 8-10 oz. French baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes (approx. 6 cups)
- 2-3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz. (2 cups) watermelon, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup basil chiffonade, plus more for garnish
- 4 oz. burrata cheese, torn
- Dressing recipe:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated or crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake bread 10-12 minutes, or until crispy and edges are golden brown.
- While the bread toasts, prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Transfer 3 Tbsp. of the dressing to a separate small bowl and add the sliced red onion. Let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the toasted bread, tomatoes, watermelon, marinated red onions and basil chiffonade; toss to coat.
- Place panzanella in the fridge and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Once ready to serve, transfer panzanella to a platter and garnish with torn burrata and additional basil.
Recipe adapted from Dishing Out Health.