I can’t believe I haven’t made anything with peaches yet! I wanted to make a roasted peach dessert, but decided to make this salsa instead. I’m sure that doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering I’m on a Mexican food-making kick lately. I’m glad I changed my mind, though, as the salsa was incredible! I loved the sweetness of the peaches paired with the spiciness of the Serrano peppers. Serve the salsa with tortilla chips or on top of grilled chicken breasts.
- 3 ripe peaches, core removed, then diced with skins on (grill peaches, if desired)
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ - ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 Serrano peppers, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add diced peaches, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and Serrano. Add lime juice and cilantro and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salsa with tortilla chips or on top of grilled chicken.