make do. [whole wheat spaghetti w. cilantro-jalapeño pesto & chicken]
Work has been pretty busy the past couple weeks, so I haven’t spent much time in the kitchen. I also haven’t had a chance to go to the grocery store, so I had to make do with what I had on hand! This spaghetti was quick and delicious, and made plenty of leftovers for the week.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
whole wheat spaghetti w. cilantro-jalapeño pesto & chicken
- 6 oz. (1/2 box) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts, sauteed and diced
- 6 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 6 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and de-veined
- 5 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of two limes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more or less to reach desired consistency
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain spaghetti, then return to pot.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, toasted pine nuts, garlic, lime juice and salt. Gradually add olive oil while pulsing, and blend to desired consistency. Transfer pesto to a bowl and add Parmesan cheese.
- Add pesto to spaghetti in pot and mix well (add more olive oil if pesto needs thinning out). Pour diced chicken into pot and mix. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.