dig in. [baked potato wedge nachos w. pepper jack cheese, bacon, jalapeno & guacamole]
With football season in full swing, game day snacks are a must. These potato wedge nachos are easy to make and a tasty twist on the classic nacho recipe. Grab a fork and dig into this cheesy deliciousness!
baked potato wedge nachos w. pepper jack cheese, bacon, jalapeno & guacamole
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ - ¾ cup pepper jack cheese, plus more if desired
- 4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined and diced
- Dollop of guacamole, sans Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add potato wedges. Cook until underside is golden, 6-8 minutes (do not flip potato wedges). Repeat with the rest of the potato wedges.
- Place all wedges on cookie sheet, with browned side down. Cook until wedges are golden, crisp and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Transfer potato wedges to oven-proof dish then sprinkle with cheese, bacon, jalapeno and scallions. Place pan in oven and bake until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven, then top potatoes with diced tomatoes, additional scallions and a dollop of guacamole. Serve hot.