stuffed. [jalapeño chicken wraps]
I haven’t had much time to cook this week; however, I did get a chance to whip up these simple jalapeno chicken wraps last Sunday. A group of friends and I decided to picnic before the Passion Pit and Hot Chip concert at the Hollywood Bowl, so everyone was in charge of bringing food or wine. We had an absolute blast and stuffed ourselves with mass amounts of food, from these wraps to my orzo salad to fresh fruit to The Alcove‘s lemon bars and peanut butter cookies. Happy weekend, everyone!
jalapeño chicken wraps
- 8 oz. roasted chicken breast
- 8 tbsp. jalapeño peppers, raw and chopped (or 4-5 tsp. jarred jalapeño peppers, chopped)
- 4 tsp. liquid from jalapeño peppers jar
- ¼ cup plus 4 tsp. light mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1½ cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- Combine the chicken, pickled jalapeño pepper and liquid, mayonnaise, lime juice and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the tortillas in the skillet and toast until light golden, about 1 minute on each side. Remove the tortillas and set aside. Repeat with the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Top each of the tortillas evenly with chicken mixture, spreading almost to the edge. Sprinkle each with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Roll up tortillas then return to skillet to melt cheese, if desired. Cut each tortilla in half, diagonally.
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers.