let’s get festive. [roasted red pepper, artichoke & cream cheese dip]
I’m back…and extremely behind on blogging! I was in D.C. all last week for the National Christmas Tree Lighting for work; so, needless to say, I didn’t have any time to cook.
Since Christmas is fast approaching, I’m catching up on cooking/posting holiday recipes. This delicious red pepper dip more often than not makes an appearance at our holiday parties. In fact, I’m bringing the appetizer to a secret Santa party tonight. It’s tasty, simple and festive–can’t get much better than that.
roasted red pepper, artichoke & cream cheese dip
- 2 bricks (16 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package Hidden Valley ranch buttermilk seasoning
- 2 jars (12 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whip cream cheese and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, combine chopped artichokes, red peppers and parsley.
- Line a 3-cup bowl with Saran wrap. Add a small amount of the artichoke mixture to the bottom of the bowl. Top with ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture, followed by half of the rest of the pepper mixture. Repeat layering process, finishing with the cream cheese. Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully peel the Saran wrap from the edges of the bowl, then flip bowl over. Garnish dip with fresh parsley and serve with crackers or crostini (brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper).