I’m sure most of you have your go-to recipe for specific appetizers, dinners and desserts–and that’s the case for me and these lemon bars. I’ve used this recipe for a few years and have never tried a different one. I’ve yet to find a reason to do so, considering the bars are always a hit wherever I bring them.
BUT, if I were to ever stray from this recipe, first on my list is Greg’s recipe from the Euro Pane Bakery in Pasadena. Considering the rave reviews of the bakery on Yelp, I have no doubts that the lemon bars are as delicious as they say.
- Crust recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- Lemon filling recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Zest of ½ lemon, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the crust:
- Cream flour, butter and confectioner's sugar and pat into 8×8″ baking pan. Press firmly. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until top of crust is slightly golden.
- For the lemon filling:
- Beat eggs, add sugar, lemon juice, 2 tbs. flour and lemon zest, if desired. Pour over crust (when finished baking) and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Dust lemon bars with confectioner's sugar after baking. Once cool, cut into bars and serve.