pure perfection. [churro cupcakes w. cinnamon cream cheese frosting]
I never thought a cupcake could be so perfect until I stumbled across this recipe for churro cupakes. Yes, churro cupcakes. Say what?! These cupcakes taste exactly like the warm, chewy churros from Disneyland–but made even better with the addition of cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Please go make these asap!
churro cupcakes w. cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- Cupcake recipe:
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¾ sugar, plus 2 tbsp. for dusting
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups skim milk
- Cinnamon-sugar topping recipe:
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon, plus more if desired
- Cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. (1 brick) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3-4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each.
- Fill each cupcake liner three-quarters full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until cupcakes bounce back at the touch of a finger. Remove cupcakes from oven and place cupcakes on wire racks to cool.
- Top cupcakes with cinnamon sugar topping and cinnamon cream cheese frosting (recipes below). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the cinnamon-sugar topping: Directions: Place the butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, brush melted butter on the tops and dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture, making sure to entirely coat the top of the cupcake.
- For the frosting: Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time, until incorporated and desired consistency is reached. If the frosting is too thick, add a splash of milk to thin. Frost cupcakes.
Recipe adapted from Lady Behind the Curtain.
15 thoughts on “pure perfection. [churro cupcakes w. cinnamon cream cheese frosting]”
looks so yummy :) I just want to eat one of these :D
Perfection is the right word for sure. You are really killing me with these desserts lately. :) Love it!
Haha woops, sorry!! I’ve had the worst sweet tooth lately!
These look amazing!! I love love a nice hot Churro, and this just makes me believe any flavor/dish can be made into a cupcake, yum!!
So cinnamony and wonderful! I wish I could have one with a cup of hot white chocolate :-))
These sound heavenly.
Have a wonderful weekend.
:-) Mandy xo
These cupcakes look so delicious!! :)
What a clever idea!
Wow! Sounds like they would be delicious after a Mexican food meal — I wish I had read this before Cinco de Mayo! :)
Wow… just.. wow.
How many cupcakes does this make? 12? Can’t wait to try them!
Hi Sarah! This recipe will actually make close to 28 cupcakes!
As an Australian interested in trying your recipe please explain about the flours used.
From my understanding all purpose flour is our Plain flour. but what is the other flour
Comments are closed.