This recipe is incredibly simple; however, it doesn’t lack in the flavor department. I’ve always been a sucker for potatoes–mashed, smashed, baked, roasted, fried–so naturally, these smashed potatoes are my kind of meal. And it doesn’t hurt that bacon is involved. :)
- 1 lb. red-skinned potatoes
- 4-5 tbsp. butter
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped chives, plus more or less to taste
- 3-4 pieces of cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 35-40 minutes.
- Strain potatoes then place in a medium bowl. Smash potatoes using a fork, then add butter and mix. Stir in chives and bacon, then season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.