I’m a sucker for delicious, authentic, homemade salsa. This recipe is just that and more. Enjoy with tortilla chips or alongside beans, rice, tacos…you name it!
smoky roasted poblano & hatch chile salsa
- 2 hatch chiles, roasted
- 1 pasilla pepper, roasted
- 1 jalapeño, roasted
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cored
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cilantro, to taste, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place hatch chiles, pasilla pepper and jalapeño on a cookie sheet. Roast until skins are blackened and blistered, turning halfway through cooking, about 15 minutes total.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Cut off stems of all of the chiles and peppers, then place in a food processor (skin on), along with tomatoes and lime juice. Season with cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.