I bet if I didn’t tell you these cookies were vegan, you’d have no idea! The flavor is almost identical to regular chocolate chip cookies and the texture is perfect–chewy and slightly crispy.
vegan chocolate chip cookies
- ¼ cup coconut milk, full fat (only use ¼ of the solid milk at the top)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup Earth Balance organic margarine, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, blend together Earth Balance, light brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Once blended, add the coconut milk and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a few batches, add flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend until smooth, making sure not to overbeat. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, place dough balls on cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake cookies for 10-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom, but still light on top.